|Product Code||:||Herbal Compress|
Herbal Massage is known to provide deep relaxation while relieving stress, fatigue and improving health. The therapy relies on the use of hot compresses or "poultices" filled with a selection of herbs and spices. Those compresses, generally wet and then steamed, are gently applied to specific points of the body releasing their healing benefits into the pores of the skin. They can be combined with the use of hands to focus the massage on knots.
1) Prepare two herbal compress balls each time to ensure smooth, uninterrupted treatments.
2) Soak the herbal compress balls completely in water for approximately one minute and remove. Then, warm them in an herbal compress steamer for another ten to fifteen minutes. Alternatively, simply heat them in the microwave for two to three minutes. For the maximum therapeutic benefit, the steaming method is highly recommended.
3) Check the temperature of the compress and the level of heat against the upper arm prior to placing it on the skin.
4) Apply the herbal compress to the area of muscle pain or throughout the body, according to treatment requirements of your choice.
5) For effective results, after treatment, wait and relax for approximately thirty minutes before taking a bath.
- Lemongrass: This has antiseptic properties to clear and tone the skin, and is an anti-inflammatory when used topically for sprains, bruises, and sore muscles.
- Turmeric: Its antiseptic properties soothe and cleanse irritated skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Plai: This ginger is a natural moisturizer that relieves muscular pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties while softening the skin.
- Kaffir Lime: The peels of these lime help tone the skin and boost blood circulation.
- Camphor: It’s cooling and tingling sensation help to invigorate the skin, acts as a slight local anesthetic relieving muscular & arthritis pains, while the aroma helps relieve congestion.
- Tamarind: Another herb with antiseptic properties, the acidity in this leaf is an astringent & thought to help the skin absorb the other herbal ingredients faster.